Escape to the Spanish Alps! Stunning 2-Bedroom House in La Molina
Escape to the Spanish Alps! (Or, My Very Real, Slightly Messy Review of a La Molina Gem)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Escape to the Spanish Alps! (Yes, with the exclamation point, because honestly, it deserves it). This isn't your sanitized, corporate review. This is the real deal, warts and all, straight from a weary traveler who needed a mountain escape. And, spoiler alert: I think I found it. But let's break it down, shall we? Prepare for a rollercoaster.
Accessibility: (A Sort Of, But…):
Look, I have to be honest. The "Accessibility" section filled me with a teensy bit of dread. "Facilities for disabled guests" is listed. Okay, good. But a deep dive revealed…it's a bit of a mixed bag. The website implies things are accessible, but without concrete details, I'm hovering between hopeful and cautious. You might want to call ahead and verify specifically if you have accessibility needs. Because if they are genuinely accessible? This place is going to become a hidden gem for everyone.
(Rant/Brain Dump Moment): Honestly, it's 2024. Transparency on accessibility should be mandatory. We shouldn't have to play detective.
On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges:
Again, another area where a little more clarity would be amazing. I think the restaurant situation is okay, but again, you need specifics. I'm a huge fan of clear information about restaurants being wheelchair-friendly, and how easy they are to get into.
Wheelchair Accessible:
Refer to the above! Call, call, call.
Internet Access, Wi-Fi, Oh My! (Thank God, Because My Teenager Needs It!)
Okay, this is where they nail it. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! They're not kidding. Crystal clear signal, no buffering, even when my offspring were simultaneously streaming, gaming, and arguing about who hogged the charger. The internet was a lifesaver. And, for someone who's constantly working on the go, the Internet [LAN] was a bonus for some serious uploading and downloading. Internet Services are definitely not something to be sneezed at. They have it, they keep it working, and for some of us, that’s worth its weight in gold
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Pretending I'm Going to Actually Chill)
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center: Uh, me? Fitness? Let's be real. I intended to partake, but mostly I collapsed on the sofa with a book and a glass of wine.
- Foot bath: Sounds divine. I'd need to actually go to do this. So… probably not.
- Gym/fitness: See above. The gym looked legitimately well-equipped, which is impressive, but… nope.
- Massage: Now this I could get behind. Actually, I did get behind this. The massage therapist was a magician. Seriously, the best massage I've had in YEARS. I walked in a knotted mess and walked out feeling like a freshly-baked croissant. Pure bliss. Worth every single Euro.
- Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Okay, this is where they really shine. The pool with a view? Stunning. The outdoor pool? Perfect for a refreshing dip after a long day of…well, not doing much. The spa area was gorgeous, clean, and actually felt relaxing – not just a fancy add-on. The sauna and steam room are a must do, and all done with great discretion.
(Quirky Observation/Emotional Reaction): The spa area was so zen, I almost considered becoming a yoga person. Almost.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Pandemic Times)
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, let's be real, the sheer VOLUME of this information feels a bit overwhelming at first. But as I stayed, I felt so incredibly safe. The staff was constantly cleaning. They took hygiene seriously without making you feel like you were living in a sterile bubble. They really nailed it.
- Anti-viral cleaning products – Fantastic
- Room sanitization opt-out available - LOVE this personal touch.
- Shared stationery removed - Great for hygiene.
- Staff trained in safety protocol – Made me feel safe.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Primary Activities)
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Holy moly, the options! The Breakfast buffet was a thing of beauty. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order, and the coffee? Excellent. The International cuisine was delicious, especially the pasta, and the variety of options meant there was always something for everyone. The Poolside bar was a perfect spot for a sundowner. You have plenty of options, so whatever you are looking for, you will most likely find it.
- (Anecdote): One morning, I snagged a croissant the size of my head. No regrets. Zero.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Extras That Make a Difference)
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: They've thought of everything! Daily housekeeping was impeccable. The concierge was incredibly helpful with recommendations and reservations. The laundry service was a lifesaver (especially after that croissant incident).
- (Impression): The fact I barely even needed to deal with the hotel staff because of things like contactless check-in/out really made life less tedious.
For the Kids (And Anyone Who Still Feels Like One)
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: This place is definitely family-friendly. The kids' menu was great, and the Babysitting service was a bonus.
- (Impression): There were even some games and toys, although I was definitely distracted by the gorgeous scenery.
Access (Getting to It and Getting Into It)
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Pets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: Felt extremely safe, day and night. 24-hour security and the fact every exterior was lit made me feel more safe.
Getting Around (How to Not Get Lost)
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Parking was super easy, and they even had charging stations. The rest I didn't use, but hey, good to know they're there!
Available in All Rooms (The Nitty Gritty)
- **Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary… well, it’s LESS itinerary, and more… vibe check. We're talking a 2-bedroom apartment in La Molina, Spain, in a word, a snowy paradise. Prepare for potential chaos, unexpected delights, and me, your chaotic, possibly overly caffeinated, guide.
Day 1: Arrival! (And the Great Luggage Excavation)
- Morning (or whenever the heck the plane lands): Fly into somewhere close-ish. Barcelona? Girona? Honestly, I haven't even checked. Let’s just say… eventually, we're in La Molina. The initial excitement? Pure adrenaline. The reality? Probably some kind of delayed flight that means I arrive hangry. I’m notoriously hangry. Pack snacks. Seriously.
- Afternoon: Arrive at the apartment. The address… I think I have it somewhere. (Checks every pocket, then throws up arms dramatically.) Ah, there it is! Cue frantic key fumbling. The first 30 minutes are always a comedy of errors. Is the door locked? Are we sure it's this apartment? Is the lock… French? (It might be. Everything in Spain feels French-adjacent.)
- The Great Luggage Excavation: Okay, unpacking. Or, more accurately, unearthing. Where are we? Are we going to be able to survive? Now, the real magic happens. Fighting with overly stuffed bags. Realizing I forgot the one essential item (the one… always). Did I pack socks? Did I pack underwear? (Panic. I need both.) Finding a rogue, half-eaten bag of crisps from the airport buried in a crevice of the suitcase.
- Evening: Okay, we are in. Let the fun begin. The views from the apartment window? Gorgeous. I'm convinced. This view alone is worth the airfare, the lost luggage, and the questionable airport food. Dinner. Find a local restaurant. If it's open. If I can navigate the menu. Let’s hope for something with cheese. And maybe wine. Wine is essential for, you know, acclimatization. (And possibly to calm my nerves).
Day 2: Skiing (or Attempting Skiing) – The Day the Mountain Mocked Me
- Morning: The plan is ambitious: Skiing! First, the lift tickets. Then, the rental shop. There’s always a "rental shop encounter." The guy who tells you your boots are "perfect," when they feel like torture devices. The bindings that won't clip, the skis that feel… stubborn.
- Anecdote: Last time I rented skis, the guy – with a straight face – told me I was a "skiing natural." I spent the next two hours face-planting in the snow. Turns out "skiing natural" is code for "clumsy penguin."
- Mid-morning: On the slopes. Holy moly! This is it. The crisp air! The stunning scenery! The… fear. The first run is a blur of wobbles and near misses. My legs will be screaming by lunchtime.
- Lunch: Food. The best part. Hopefully, the "mountain restaurant" is a vibe. Is this the kind of place where you can have a beer? They’ll probably have something like a delicious, heavy stew. I am dreaming of a stew.
- Afternoon: More 'skiing' (loosely defined). The initial, exuberant energy has waned. Now, it’s more of a slow, controlled slide. Or, frequent stops to catch my breath. Attempting a "green" slope, realizing it's more "black diamond-adjacent" and feeling like I'm being personally mocked by the mountain.
- Emotional Reaction: I am a total and utter klutz on skis. My ego is, currently, snow-covered and face-down. But the views! THE VIEWS! You can't be too mad when you're surrounded by gorgeous mountains.
- Evening: The après-ski ritual. I'm hoping the apartment has a fireplace. If not, we are finding a bar with a fireplace. Warm drinks, maybe some tapas. Talking skiing with friends. Or just me, my book, and a beer.
Day 3: La Molina & Day Trip Disaster (and Maybe Triumph!)
- Morning: Brunch! A leisurely start. We'll need to prepare for a potential adventure. Then, the fun begins. Explore the town of La Molina. Cute shops? Local bakery? Hopefully, some of the above. I am a sucker for a local bakery.
- Mid-day (The Day Trip Gamble): We'll plan a day trip. Maybe to a nearby town? Maybe to Andorra? Or…
- Rant Alert: I am terrible at planning day trips. I get over-ambitious. I pick places at random. Then, the train / bus / rental car situation always goes wrong. I'm telling you now, the odds of some kind of chaos are high.
- Afternoon: The Day Trip Debacle. Something will go wrong. Missing the train, getting lost, realizing everything is closed for siesta, ending up somewhere entirely different than planned.
- Quirky Observation: Spanish bus stations always have the most interesting characters. I'm a people-watcher. It's a hobby.
- Emotional Reaction: If something goes wrong, and it will, I will try to laugh. I'll need to. If something goes right, it is truly, a miracle from the Spanish gods of travel.
- Evening: Dinner at the apartment! Cook something. Or attempt to. Buy some amazing Spanish food from the local shops. Hopefully, I can make paella. Or a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm flexible.
Day 4: Rest Day & Relaxation (Or More Chaos!)
- Morning: Sleep in! That's the plan, anyway. Realistically, I’ll probably be awake at 6 am, staring at the ceiling, thinking about paella. We will rest.
- Afternoon: Explore the area around the apartment: hikes, walks, snowshoeing. Breathing in the fresh air. Maybe a spa day. Or not.
- Rambling Interlude: I keep thinking about how much I want to see a waterfall! I have heard the Pyrenees, but it is very far.
- Evening: Movie night at the apartment! Some wine. Some snacks. A good book. Maybe, just maybe, I'll actually relax.
- Strong Emotional Reaction: The best part of vacation? The ability to do nothing. And enjoy it.
Day 5: The Great Departure (Slightly Less Chaotic?)
- Morning: Packing. The eternal pain. Trying to get everything back in the suitcase (it's never the same sizes as when you arrived). The "how did I acquire this?" moment, when finding some random trinket in your pockets.
- Mid-day: Final brunch. Saying goodbye to the apartment. I am hoping that I don't leave anything behind.
- Afternoon: Travel home. I'll allow for delays.
- Evening: Home! Unpacking. (Or, more likely, leaving the suitcase lurking in the hallway for a week.)
- Reflection: La Molina, you were gorgeous. Even when the skiing was a disaster. Even when the travel plans went sideways. Even when I forgot my socks. I'll be back.

Seriously, is La Molina *really* in the Spanish Alps? I mean, 'Alps' sounds a bit… much, doesn't it?
The house itself... is it actually nice? 2 bedrooms seems small for an "escape."
What about the location? Is getting to the slopes easy? No one wants to spend their whole holiday stuck in traffic.
Skiing... what's the skiing like? Is it good for beginners? (Asking for a friend... ahem).
Are there things to do besides skiing? I get bored easily.
And the food? Is it all just… paella? (Which, let's be honest, can get old.)
Overall, would you recommend this place? Be honest!

