Agra's Green View Hotel: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Agra's Green View Hotel: Unbelievable Luxury? Let's Dive In! (SEO & Real Talk)
Okay, so Agra. Taj Mahal. Romance. And… hotels, right? I just got back from a stay at Agra's Green View Hotel, and let me tell you, the "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!" bit? Well, let's just say it's complicated. š I'm gonna spill the tea (or, you know, the masala chai – more on that later) about what's actually waiting for you, warts and all. This review is gonna be long, because, well, there's a lot to unpack. Buckle up!
Accessibility: A mixed bag of gold and… well, you'll see.
- Wheelchair accessible: Okay, so the website says it, and there are definitely ramps and an elevator. That's a good start. But maneuvering inside the rooms? Let's just say I'm not in a wheelchair, but I felt a little cramped. And the bathroom… hmm. It's functional, but not exactly spacious.
- Elevator: Yep, got one. Thank goodness. Walking all those steps after gorging myself on butter chicken? No, thank you. (More on that later, too.)
- Facilities for disabled guests: See above. Functionality is there, but I'd want to double-check the specific room dimensions if you're planning on a super-easy experience.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Food, Glorious Food! (Mostly.)
- Restaurants: Plural! Good start. There’s supposedly a buffet restaurant, a more "refined" a la carte place, and a poolside bar.
- Buffet in restaurant: Ah, the buffet. Breakfast was… enthusiastic. Think mountains of deliciousness, a little bit of chaos (grabbing for those fresh parathas is basically an Olympic sport), and a constant hum of happy chatter. Western and Asian breakfast options were available
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: My tastebuds went on a joyride. The butter chicken? OMG. The best I've ever had. And I’m a butter chicken connoisseur, okay? Don't judge.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: You can get a burger if you're feeling homesick. But why? Stick with the Indian, trust me.
- Poolside bar: Now, this is where things get interesting. The view from the pool itself is AMAZING. The poolside bar itself is…well, it's there. Drinks are fine, they've got a lovely variety, but the service is a little slow. But hey, you're on vacation, right?
- Room service [24-hour]: Bless this service! Midnight cravings for samosas? Done. Hungover and needing a massive breakfast in your room? Also done. The menu is pretty extensive, but the quality can be hit or miss.
- Bottle of water: Always provided, a lifesaver in that Agra heat!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: The chai at the coffee shop? Divine. Seriously, I’m dreaming of it.
- Desserts in restaurant: The desserts were a bit of a letdown. I hoped for more of a wow factor after the amazing main courses.
Things To Do, Ways To Relax: Spa Day? Yes, Please! (And a Few Quirks)
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool is gorgeous. The view is… the pool is looking at Agra and the surrounding landscape. Stunning. Pure relaxation.
- Spa: Yes, they have a spa! I did a body scrub and massage combo, and it. Was. Heaven. The masseuse was excellent. Seriously, she kneaded out all the stress from my travel – and my life!
- Sauna, Steamroom, Spa/sauna: They have all of these. It's like a little oasis of sweaty bliss. I skipped the steam room, because, well, I'm already hot enough in India, thank you very much.
- Gym/fitness: They have a fitness center, but I didn't use it. Too busy eating butter chicken, remember?
- Pool with view: You betcha! The view from the pool is probably the highlight of the entire hotel. It's truly spectacular.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Duty to Provide and a Duty to Double Check
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Okay, on paper, they've got it covered. There’s a pandemic, after all. I noticed staff cleaning frequently.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: This is crucial.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup: They try. It's a little more challenging during the breakfast buffet rush, to be honest.
- First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call: Good to know they're there.
- Room sanitization opt-out available, Sterilizing equipment, Hygiene certification: I felt pretty comfortable with cleanliness, overall.
Services and Conveniences: From Chai to Checking Out
- Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless, thank God.
- Concierge: Super helpful for booking drivers and giving advice on restaurants.
- Currency exchange: Convenient!
- Laundry service, Dry cleaning: Essential after a week of sightseeing.
- Room service [24-hour]: See above. Lifesaver.
- Cash withdrawal: Another lifesaver. The ATM on the property was convenient.
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes. Thank goodness.
- Luggage storage: They took care of my bags, no worries.
- Internet [Wi-Fi in all rooms!]: The Wi-Fi was… eh. It worked, but it wasn't super speedy. Still, better than nothing.
- Airport transfer: Available.
- Car park [free of charge]: Yes.
- Air conditioning, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Slippers, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: All the essentials are covered.
- Check-in/out [express]: Quick, and usually painless.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always a plus.
- Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer, First aid kit: Well equipped.
For the kids: Family Friendly? Maybe…
- Babysitting service: They offer it!
- Kids meal: Okay, so it’s "family-friendly" in the sense that they can accommodate kids.
Available in All Rooms: The Essentials
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Okay, the rooms are perfectly… functional.
Safety & Security: Peace of Mind (Mostly)
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: Made me feel safe.
- Check-in/out [express], Front desk [24-hour], Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher: Good to have!
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: All the transport options you could want.
Quirks, Imperfections, and Truth Bombs:
- The Decor: Let's just say the decor is… eclectic. Think a blend of opulent and slightly dated. Some rooms are more updated than others.
- The Noise: The walls aren't the thickest. You will hear your neighbors. Bring earplugs, just in case.
- The Service: Most of the staff were lovely, but there were a few hiccups. Sometimes, things take a while. Patience is a virtue in India, and this hotel provides ample opportunities to practice it.
- The Hot Water: Intermittent. (This is India. Expect it.)
Is it "Unbelievable Luxury"?
No, probably not. But is it a solid, comfortable, and well-located hotel with some truly fantastic features? Absolutely.
Unbelievable Deal! Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonestown - Lebanon Valley Getaway!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's sanitized travel itinerary. This is my potential, slightly disastrous, yet ultimately triumphant (fingers crossed!) Agra adventure, based out of Hotel Green View. Here we go, warts and all:
AGRA: Operation Taj Mahal & Questionable Street Food (Possibly Fatal)
Day 1: Arrival & The Initial "Oh God, What Have I Gotten Myself Into?" Feeling
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM):
- Arrival at Delhi Airport (DEL). The usual chaos. The heat hits you like a physical thing. I'm pretty sure my glasses fogged up just from walking off the plane. Finding the driver I'd booked through the hotel was a mini-Odyssey. He had a name, "Rajesh," but the pick-up sign was entirely blank. After a frantic text exchange and waving wildly at every man in a turban, we connected. He looked slightly bewildered, like the internet had just arrived in his world or something. The drive to Agra. Four hours. Four hours of what felt like a continuous horn symphony punctuated by cows casually strolling across the highway. And the traffic? Let’s just say, I have a whole new respect for the concept of "patience."
- Hotel Green View Check-in. Finally! The hotel itself is… well, it's a hotel. Clean enough, I guess. The guy at the front desk, possibly named Sanjay (I'm starting to forget names, it's the heat and the jet lag), was friendly but spoke English with an accent that was both charming and occasionally unintelligible. ("Your room… is very… comf-tee!" I swear, he said that like he’d just invented the word “comfy”).
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM):
- Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant. I went for the safe option: vegetable biryani. (Don't judge, I was starving and a little shell-shocked.) It was… flavorful. Let's just say my stomach is cautiously optimistic about the next few days.
- Rest and Acclimatization (and maybe a nervous breakdown). I'm really trying to avoid the "tourist meltdown." This involves a serious amount of lying down in the air-conditioned room, rehydrating, and trying to decipher the exchange rate. The Indian rupee, it is a mystery to me.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM):
- Sunset View of the Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh. Okay, this was magic. Seriously, jaw-dropping. The Taj bathed in the golden light of the setting sun… I actually teared up. (Don't tell anyone.) The sheer scale of it, the perfection of the architecture… just wow. The problem? The hordes of other tourists, of course. Trying to get that perfect photo amidst the selfie sticks was a competitive sport. I nearly got trampled by a gaggle of German tourists vying for prime picture real estate. Still worth it. Absolutely worth it.
Day 2: The Taj, The Tomb, and the Trauma of Souvenir Shopping
- Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM):
- Sunrise at the Taj Mahal. This was the real test. The alarm was set for ungodly hours. The security line was intense. But as the sun peeked over the horizon and illuminated the Taj, bathing it in that ethereal pink light… I'M. GLAD. I. DID. IT. The sheer monumentality of it hits you in the gut. You feel so completely insignificant standing there, contemplating love and loss and all that jazz. But try not to look down too long because the grounds are teeming with, shall we say, "aggressive" souvenir vendors. "Madam! Best price! Original marble!" I swear, they've got a sixth sense for spotting vulnerable tourists. I'm a sucker and I got caught.
- Exploring the Taj Mahal. The interior is just as stunning. The marble is so smooth, you can practically see your reflection. (Okay, maybe that was from the heatstroke.) I wandered around for a good hour, just soaking it all in. I even (somewhat) managed to avoid getting my photo taken by a random Indian family.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM):
- Lunch. Attempted. I ended up at a restaurant near the Taj. The food looked…sketchy. I opted for the "safe" option, again: plain rice and dal. I swear, the dal was the color of sludge, but it tasted delicious. Maybe it's from being hungry, perhaps it's the spices, maybe I'm just that desperate for something to eat. Afterwards, I wandered through the shops near the entrance. I'm now the proud owner of a cheap silk scarf and a tiny marble elephant.
- Tomb of I'timÄd-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj). Lovely, but maybe not as mind-blowing as the Taj. After the Taj, everything else is a bit…meh. The gardens were peaceful, though, a nice respite from the chaos.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM):
- Agra Fort. Ugh. I was so overwhelmed by the sheer size and heat of the fortress. I didn't manage to focus on anything, I was hot and bothered and just wanted to escape. I do think I have a general idea of what's happening, but I was distracted by the endless hawkers trying to sell me everything from postcards to "genuine antique" bracelets. I don't know. I just couldn't handle it. I was so ready to get back to the hotel for a cold shower and a desperate attempt at watching Netflix (the hotel Wi-Fi is questionable).
Day 3: Food Poisoning (or the Search for Authentic Indian Cuisine) & Departure
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM):
- Breakfast at the Hotel (or the Start of the Great Stomach Rumble?). I cautiously ate some toast and a hard-boiled egg. Fingers crossed, I'm not ill.
- Fatehpur Sikri (If I'm Feeling Brave). This is a UNESCO World Heritage site about an hour away. If my stomach allows… I might skip it. Or maybe I'll just eat a banana, and hope for the best.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM):
- Lunch (or the Potential Downfall). Okay. Let's be honest. I got brave. I ventured out. I saw a street food stall. It looked… alluring. I don't know why I did it, I just did. The samosas were crispy, the chickpea curry was fragrant. And then, perhaps, my stomach felt ever so tender…
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM):
- The "Is This Food Poisoning?" Hour. I'm not going into graphic detail, but let's just say I spent the afternoon in my hotel room, alternating between shivering and sweating. Also, I'm pretty sure I might have needed a second shower.
- Last Minute Souvenir Panic/Departure Preparations. I had packed my bag. Thank goodness. I tried to find a gift, but I think I'll leave that to the airport shop.
- Evening (6:00 PM - onward):
- Departure from Agra. The car ride to the train station/airport (depending on travel plans) felt like a lifetime of slow suffering. Hopefully, I made it.
- Flight/Train to the Next Destination (or Straight to a Hospital Bed). I'm hoping for the best.
Final Thoughts:
Agra. A whirlwind. A sensory overload. A test of my digestive system. A place of incredible beauty, juxtaposed with some real challenges. Will I ever forget the Taj Mahal? Never. Will I ever eat street food in India again? Hmm… maybe not. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I will bring more Pepto-Bismol. And maybe a hazmat suit.
Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
Escape to Paradise: Asteri Hotel, Serifos Island, Greece
Okay, seriously, is the Green View Hotel REALLY worth the hype? (And my hard-earned Rupees?)
Oh, the hype. Listen, I went in with *serious* skepticism. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!" screams every hotel ad, right? But the Green View... well, it's complicated. Let's put it this way: the first time I walked into my room, I actually *gasped*. And I'm not one to gasp! It wasn't the Taj Mahal view (though, hello, it *does* have that), it was the sheer space. I think my entire New York apartment could fit in that bathroom alone. Seriously, the shower was bigger than my first studio. Luxury? Okay, yeah, maybe they're not lying. But is it worth the price? That depends. If you're on a shoestring budget? Probably not. If you're looking to *splurge*? Absolutely. Just be prepared to explain to your credit card statement why you suddenly need a gold-plated toothbrush holder. (Just kidding...mostly).
What are the rooms actually *like*? Because Instagram lies, you know?
Instagram lies *constantly*. Okay, so, the rooms. I stayed in a "Deluxe" something-or-other (I can't remember the exact name, I was too busy being stunned). It was ridiculous. The bed? Huge. Like, seriously, you could lose a small child in there. The linens? Buttery soft. I swear, I slept about 12 hours the first night because I didn't want to leave the sheets. Then, the view! My room faced the Taj. Sunrise? Jaw-dropping. The sheer majesty of that mausoleum... it hits you a bit. I did try to get some selfies (of course), but honestly, no photo does it justice. It's like trying to capture the ocean with a phone camera. Just... impossible.
Now, here's a little confession: I *did* find a tiny, *tiny* flaw. The air conditioning was a little... overly enthusiastic. I had to crank it down a bit, but honestly, that's being nitpicky. And hey, better freezing than sweltering, right?
The Taj Mahal view! Is it *really* as good as everyone says? I mean, it's a mausoleum...
Okay, fine. I get it. It's a tomb. A *beautiful*, marble-white tomb. The thing is, from the Green View, you see it *perfectly*. No trees, no buildings, just... the Taj. At sunrise, it's bathed in this golden light. It's ridiculous. Seriously, I'm not an emotional person. I don't cry at weddings, I rarely get goosebumps. But seeing the Taj from that balcony... I got a little choked up. Not *full-on* sobbing, mind you (still trying to maintain some semblance of cool), but definitely a misty eye situation. And at sunset? The colors! The sky! It's worth it. Just... be prepared to lose it. (A little bit, or a lot. No judgment here.)
What about the food? Is it just overpriced hotel food?
Alright, the food. Here's the thing: yes, it's a bit pricey. But is it "overpriced hotel food"? Mostly, no. The breakfast buffet was insane. I'm talking every kind of fruit imaginable, freshly baked bread, dosas made right in front of you... I pretty much ate my weight in mangoes every morning. The dinner restaurant? Slightly less mind-blowing, but the service was impeccable. I remember ordering a butter chicken (because, when in Rome...or, well, Agra) and nearly swooning. The spices, the richness... It was heaven. My only slight complaint? The portion sizes! I actually *couldn't* finish my meal. Now that's a first!
And the rooftop bar? The views are great, of course. But the cocktails? A little... hit or miss. I had a few that were amazing, and one that tasted like a mix of gasoline and regret. But hey, the view made up for it. And the service at the bar was fantastic; the staff were so attentive and friendly.
How's the service? I'm a picky traveler...
Okay, hold up, picky traveler. This is where the Green View *really* shines. The service is, and I'm not exaggerating, bordering on telepathic. Before I even *thought* about needing something, someone was there to anticipate it. Seriously. My water glass was never empty. They remembered my name (creepy, but also impressive). The staff are unbelievably polite and helpful. I mentioned, in passing, that I was interested in visiting the Agra Fort. Literally five minutes later, a concierge was on the phone, making arrangements for a car and a guide. Flawless. Absolutely flawless. And they genuinely *seemed* to enjoy their jobs, which is a rarity in the hospitality industry.
Is there a spa? (Because I need some serious pampering after all that sightseeing!)
Oh, yes. There is a spa. And it is a *sanctuary*. After battling the crowds at the Taj Mahal and dodging rickshaw drivers, the spa was an absolute oasis. I indulged in a massage (naturally). The masseuse? Phenomenal. Deep tissue, expertly done. I think I actually fell asleep – which is saying a lot, considering my constant state of anxiety about missing out on things while traveling. The spa itself is beautiful – dimly lit, with calming music, and the aroma of essential oils filling the air. I highly recommend it. Seriously. Just go.
Anything else to consider? Hidden costs? Annoying things? Dishonest experiences
Ooh, yes! A few things. The mini-bar is, of course, ridiculously expensive. Resist the urge to raid it at 3 am. Trust me. Also, be prepared for the "helpful" drivers and guides who hang around the hotel. They're a bit persistent, and while some are legitimate, some are definitely trying to rip you off. Learn how to bargain BEFORE interacting with them. That's a general India travel tip, though! And the biggest issue? Leaving. Seriously. It was HARD to leave. I was seriously considering just... staying forever. Maybe hiding in the giant bed and never leaving. Then, I'd have to pay for another night...
Something else which was kind of annoying (and I should have paid more attention) was the booking process. It was a bit of a pain. I got a crazy rate, but only because I had to move my dates around a LOT. So, if you are rigid with your dates, you might end up paying way more.
Oh, and the WiFi. It's... okay. Expect it to be a little slow sometimes. But who cares, you're at the Taj Mahal! Put your phone down!
Okay, bottom line: would you go back?
Hotel Blog Guru

