Capital O Andrade: Your Mexico City Oasis Awaits!
Capital O Andrade: My Mexico City Mishap (and Miracle!)… A Review!
Okay, let's be real. Planning a trip to Mexico City is… well, it's a thing. You've got the pyramids, the food, the culture… it's overwhelming in the BEST way. And then you need a hotel. Enter, or rather, Capital O Andrade: Your Mexico City Oasis Awaits! – a mouthful, but I figured, hey, a "Mexico City Oasis" sounds pretty darn good after a flight.
So, here's the deal. This ain't your sterile, cookie-cutter hotel review. I'm gonna give you the brutally honest, sometimes messy, and totally human experience of staying at the Andrade. Buckle up, buttercup, because it's more than just a list of amenities.
First Impressions & Accessibility – The Good, The Okay, and the "Wait, What?"
Getting there was thankfully easy. The airport transfer was a lifesaver. Seriously, after a long flight, that's gold. Checking in? Contactless check-in/out, boom! Modern, efficient – I can dig it. The elevator was a HUGE win, because, let's face it, after all that empanada eating, stairs are a challenge. Now, about accessibility in general… the website says they have facilities for disabled guests, but it's a bit of a mixed bag. Some areas are definitely easier to navigate than others. Best to double-check specific needs directly with them if you need a super-specific setup. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property gave me a sense of security, which is always welcome in a bustling city like Mexico City. And a big thumbs up for the Front desk [24-hour] – saved my bacon more than once.
Rooms: My Sanctuary (Eventually!)
My room? Yeah, I'll be real, it wasn't love at first sight. It was… functional. Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double check! (And the Wi-Fi in all rooms! was indeed true. Praise the internet gods.) Blackout curtains? Thank heavens, that Mexico City sun is INTENSE. The bedding was fine—not the fluffy cloud I'd dream of… but hey, comfort wasn’t the main objective. The bathroom was clean, with a shower and toiletries. The hair dryer worked! (A small victory, but a victory nonetheless). Ironing facilities? Yep. In-room safe box? You betcha. Oh, and there was a desk, because, you know, gotta pretend to work sometimes.
Now, here's where things got… interesting. My first room, the Wi-Fi signal was patchy, and the soundproofing wasn't all it could be. I could hear the delightful (or sometimes, not so delightful) sounds of Mexico City life. After a quick chat with the friendly staff (who were incredibly helpful!), I was moved to another room. This time, the Wi-Fi was roaring and the soundproofing made a difference. The extra long bed was a nice surprise, and the seating area meant I didn’t have to sit on the bed all day. So, two thumbs up for persistence and problem solving! They actually cared.
(And the slight perfectionist within me was thrilled because they had a scale! It felt like a guilty pleasure!)
Food, Glorious Food (and Drink!)
Let's get to the good stuff, shall we? The breakfast [buffet] was decent. I'm talking basic, folks. Nothing gourmet, but the coffee was strong. I tried the Asian breakfast once, and, well, let's just say I stuck to the more familiar options after that. But they do have restaurants and room service [24-hour]!
The Poolside bar was a little slice of heaven. Those margaritas? Seriously dangerous. But in a good way. They served with snacks. The happy hour was a great way to wind down after a long day of sightseeing. There's a coffee shop, in case you need a caffeine boost. And yes, the bottle of water in your room is a lifesaver. The Vegetarian restaurant had some surprising dishes, that made me happy.
(And yes, the coffee was even in the rooms. I love Coffee)
Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, and Possibly a Little Bliss…
Okay, the swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. Seriously, the pool with a view is where this hotel really shines. After a day of exploring, diving into that water was pure bliss. Did I mention the spa/sauna? It's small, but perfectly formed. I indulged in a massage – totally worth it. I didn't try the body scrub or body wrap, but hey, maybe next time. They also have a fitness center. I meant to go, but… margaritas and exploring got in the way.
(Yes, I would love to have a sauna during that time… in the morning!)
Cleanliness, Safety, and the COVID-19 Reality
Okay, gotta give a massive shout-out to the Andrade for taking hygiene seriously. They had anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff were all masked up. I felt safe. They also had individually-wrapped food options, so that was reassuring.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They offer SO many services! Concierge service was fantastic. The daily housekeeping kept things tidy. The laundry service saved my life. The gift/souvenir shop was perfect for grabbing last-minute presents. The currency exchange was handy. They even have baby sitting service!
(I did take a taxi service! It was easy.)
For the Kids: A Good Place to Stop
Well, the hotel is considered family/child friendly, but there's no dedicated kids' club. The babysitting service is a nice touch. They have kids meal, which is awesome!
Going Deeper: Things I Loved and What Could Be Better
The Location: Fantastic. Close to everything, but still felt like a peaceful retreat.
The Terrace: They had this lovely terrace; sipping coffee there in the morning was the perfect start to the day.
The Staff: Honestly, they were AMAZING. Super friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond to make sure I had a good stay.
The "Meh" Things:
- Soundproofing in some rooms could be better.
- The breakfast buffet, while functional, wasn't exactly a culinary adventure.
- The whole "Oasis" vibe can be a little… manufactured. It's not like you're in the jungle.
The Final Verdict: Should You Stay?
YES! Despite a few minor hiccups, I'd recommend Capital O Andrade: Your Mexico City Oasis Awaits! wholeheartedly. It's a great location, comfortable, clean, and the staff are top-notch. The pool alone is worth the price of admission. And if you’re lucky enough to be in a quieter room, you’ll be in heaven. It's not perfect, but it's charming, it's convenient, and it gives you a real taste of Mexico City hospitality. (And that's something I desperately need for my soul!)
Book it! And get ready for an adventure. Just… maybe pack earplugs. 😉
Escape to Sturbridge: Your Perfect La Quinta Inn & Suites Getaway!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly polished travel blog. This is ME in Mexico City (and the mess that is my brain trying to keep up). Prepare for a glorious, disorganized, and probably slightly tequila-fueled recounting of my time. This is my Capital O Andrade, Mexico City Mexico City Mexico adventure, and it's going to get WEIRD.
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Quest for Carnitas
- Morning (Airport Chaos): Landed in Mexico City. The airport? A glorious, chaotic ballet of luggage carts, shouting taxi drivers, and… wait, is that a mariachi band? Seriously? Before I even had a chance to take a (much-needed) deep breath, I was shoved, politely, into a cab. Honestly, the anxiety was already kicking in. I'd spent weeks preparing, but the stark reality of being there was…intense.
- Afternoon (Hotel Hell & Carnitas Dream): My hotel, supposed to be a charming boutique, was… well, let's just say the photos online were doing some SERIOUS heavy lifting. Tiny room. Questionable plumbing. But, hey, the view was okay, overlooking a street that sounded like a pre-apocalyptic rave.
- The Carnitas Mission: Now, I had one goal: find the legendary Carnitas. I asked the grumpy hotel concierge (who clearly hated tourists) for a recommendation. He just pointed vaguely towards the east and grumbled something about "El Jardin." Okay, El Jardin it is.
- Evening (El Jardin & Carnitas Nirvana): This, my friends, is where the gods smiled upon me. El Jardin. A bustling, gloriously greasy haven of carnitas. The air thrummed with the smell of sizzling pork, onions, and cilantro. My Spanish is… well, let's just say I mostly used hand gestures. I ordered with a hopeful smile, ready for disappointment. Instead… I nearly wept with joy. The carnitas. Tender, juicy, crispy-edged perfection. I ate, and I ate, and then I ate some more. Three tacos? Four? I lost count. Possibly had a small heart attack from joy and cholesterol. Worth it.
Day 2: Museums, Melancholy, and a Nearly Disaster-ous Subway Ride
- Morning (Frida's House, Overcrowding & Overwhelm): Okay, Frida Kahlo. I'd planned this. I was ready. Or so I thought. La Casa Azul. Beautiful, yes. Overcrowded? ABSOLUTELY. Felt a bit like being crammed into a can of sardines with a crowd of history buffs trying to take selfies next to a woman's toothbrush. The art was amazing, especially the self-portraits, but the sheer volume of people kind of ruined it. By the end, I felt like I was just moving with the human tide.
- Afternoon (Trying to be cultured, actually frustrated): Chapultepec Park. Gorgeous. Palace? Impressive. The National Museum of Anthropology? I tried. I really did. But the sheer scale, the sheer AMOUNT of artifacts… My brain just kind of… overloaded. I wandered around for hours, feeling overwhelmed and vaguely guilty that I wasn't appreciating it enough. Maybe museums aren't my thing? I escaped to a park bench and watched the locals. Their casual presence in a place that I found to be intimidating.
- Evening (Subway Scare & Taco Recovery): The metro. Everyone said it was easy. They lied. Or maybe, I'm just a disaster. Got on the wrong train. Got off in a sketchy neighborhood. Panicked. Googled furiously how to get back on the right track. Finally, found my way back. I swear, the entire experience felt like a scene from an action movie. Once back in the relative safety of my hotel area, I required Tacos. Simple, classic, and deeply soothing.
Day 3: Cholula's Magic, Rooftop Revelations, and Tequila Tears (Maybe)
- Morning (Volcanic Views and Ancient Wonders): Day trip to Cholula. Holy moly. The Great Pyramid of Cholula? Massive. Incredible. The views of Popocatépetl volcano (which was, thankfully, not erupting) were breathtaking. This was the kind of breathtaking that makes you stop talking and just… breathe. The church built on top of the pyramid felt like a perfect example of how the past just… sits right on top of the present.
- Afternoon (Bar Hopping in El Centro): So I needed to see what the local bar scene was like, I just had to.
- El Centro
- I love the chaos and energy of El Centro. The mix of historic buildings, street vendors, and quirky shops makes it an adventure to explore.
- * The Old School
- * I was looking for a place with a very long history that had real charm and a little atmosphere.
- * The View
- * * The restaurant's terrace offered great views of the city.
- El Centro
- Evening (Rooftop Revelations & Tequila Trials): Found a rooftop bar. The cocktails were expensive, but the view… the view was worth it. The city glittered below me. And then, the tequila. Went down a little too easily. Everything seemed funny for a minute, then a little sad. Started feeling a sudden, overwhelming appreciation for… everything. Or nothing. I’m not sure. May have shed a few, dramatic tears. The waiter definitely gave me a look.
- Rambling thoughts:
- The smells- smog, spices, and something a bit… dirty too.
- The sounds- mariachi and taxis and the cacophony of everything, it can be overwhelming.
- The colors- bright walls, vibrant clothing, and the way the sun changes the city ever moment…
- Rambling thoughts:
Day 4: More Carnitas (Naturally), Graffiti Galore, and the Goodbyes
- Morning (Carnitas Redux): You know what? I went back to El Jardin. Don't judge me. It was calling my name. This time, armed with imperfect Spanish and a deep craving, I even tried to order in a completely different way and was able to use much of what I had learned. Success felt like a trophy.
- Afternoon (Artistic Inspiration and Street Art: Took a walk through the Roma Norte neighborhood, famous for its cafes, quirky shops, and street art. The murals were stunning, vibrant, and full of life and character. Saw some amazing stuff; one massive mural of a jaguar practically jumping out at me, it was inspiring and awe-inspiring.
- Evening (Goodbye Dinner & Departure Regret): Last dinner. Found a place that served traditional mole, and it was like a hug in a bowl. Trying to savor every moment. As I sat there, I realized I was sad. Mexico City had challenged me, frustrated me, overwhelmed me, and absolutely charmed me. I felt like I barely scratched the surface. The taxi ride to the airport was quiet except for the radio playing old Mexican folk songs. Tears again? Maybe. Definitely a little. Saying goodbye to this beautiful mess.
Final Thoughts (Or What I Remember):
Mexico City isn’t easy. It’s loud, messy, and sometimes a little terrifying. But it’s also beautiful, vibrant, and full of life. And the carnitas? Worth the price of the plane ticket alone. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Even if it’s just to get more carnitas. Or to cry on a rooftop again. Maybe both. Adios, Mexico City. You stole a little piece of my heart. And my sanity. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Charleston's Hidden Gem: The Palmetto Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!
Capital O Andrade: You're Probably Wondering, Huh? Let's Just… Get This Over With. (FAQ-ish, I Guess)
Okay, So… Capital O Andrade. Worth the Hype? Or Just Another Instagram Trap?
Ugh, the hype. Right? Okay, brutally honest? It's… mostly worth it. Look, I went in with a cynical eye, expecting influencer overload and questionable coffee. And yeah, there are a few Instagrammers, all angles and perfect smiles. But… the actual *place*? It's got a vibe. A very specific, sort of… laid-back-meets-chic-meets-I-can't-believe-I'm-still-in-Mexico-City kind of vibe.
I had to fight off the urge to roll my eyes the second I walked in, honestly. The lobby is all dark wood and strategically placed cacti. SO cliche, yet… somehow, it works. The plants! Everywhere! Made me feel like I should be wearing a straw hat. But I wasn't mad at it. Weird, right?
My first impression was "Wow, this is going to cost a fortune." (It did. More on that later.) But, the building itself is stunning. It’s an old mansion, beautifully restored. The architectural details are incredible. And the courtyard? Forget about it. Seriously, finding a decent spot to sit with your coffee was a battle. Good coffee though, not gonna lie. This place kinda pulls you in.
The Rooms – Are They Actually Comfortable, Or Just Picture-Perfect?
Alright, the rooms. This is where things get… complicated. I booked the Junior Suite, because, well, travel is all about treating yourself, right? (My bank account disagrees.) The picture on the website looked amazing – giant soaking tub, balcony with a view, plush everything. And… it *mostly* delivered.
The tub? Gorgeous. I spent an hour with a book and copious amounts of bubbles. The balcony? Smaller than expected, but still lovely. The bed? Okay, THIS is where they nailed it. Seriously, I haven't slept that well in *ages*. It was a cloud. A very, very comfortable cloud.
BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?) the air conditioning? A bit temperamental. One minute I was freezing, the next I was sweating. And the lighting… incredibly dim. Seriously, getting ready to go out felt like navigating a cave. I had to use the flashlight on my phone to put on makeup. So, photo-ready? Mostly. Functionally fabulous? Meh. Still, the bed… the bed was worth it.
And the Food? Because, Let's Be Real, That's a HUGE Deal.
Okay, the food. Oh, the food. I am a *huge* food person. I will travel *for food*. And the restaurant at Capital O Andrade? It’s… hit and miss. Like, a very stylish, well-dressed lottery. Some of the dishes were *incredible*. I'm still dreaming about the mole sauce on the pork belly – rich, complex, perfect. Seriously, that sauce. I could eat a bucket of it.
Other things? A little… bland. Overpriced for what it was. I ordered the avocado toast for breakfast (because, of course, I did) and it was… fine. Nothing to write home about. My friend got the chilaquiles, and they were dry. I honestly think the server felt bad, because she practically begged us to try a different dish. Which, credit where credit is due, was a nice touch. But still. For the price, I expected perfection.
The breakfast buffet, though? Ooh, baby. Worth the extra cost. Fresh pastries, amazing fruit, made-to-order eggs… It might be my happy place tbh. Just be prepared to fight for a seat. It definitely draws a crowd.
Location, Location, Location! Is it a Good Base for Exploring CDMX?
The location is… okay. It's in the Roma Norte neighborhood, which is buzzing. Lots of cool cafes, restaurants, and shops. It’s walkable, but you need to be prepared to walk – or take a cab. It's honestly not the *most* central location. Getting to some of the main tourist attractions (like the Zocalo or Chapultepec Park) required a taxi or a bit of a subway ride. And navigating the CDMX metro? A whole other adventure, trust me.
But Roma Norte *itself* is fantastic. Seriously, I spent most of my time wandering the streets, just soaking up the atmosphere. The hotel’s surrounded by some great stuff. Plus, getting an Uber is relatively easy. So, not perfect, but not awful either. Basically, you need to be prepared to put in a little effort to get around. But the upside is you get to experience the REAL Mexico City, not just the tourist traps. Which, personally, I preferred.
What About the Staff? Were They Nice? (Or Just Robots Trained to Smile?)
Honestly? The staff were genuinely lovely. Not overly polished, robotic, and fake-friendly like some places. They were human. They actually *seemed* to care. There was a mix-up with my reservation (my fault, admittedly), and the front desk guy, Juan, was incredibly patient and helpful. He sorted it out with a minimum of fuss. He even gave me a complimentary drink at the bar as an apology. (Which I was DEFINITELY not going to argue with!)
The service in the restaurant was a little… inconsistent. Sometimes attentive, sometimes forgetful. But the majority of people were trying hard. I never got the impression that anyone was just going through the motions. They seemed genuinely interested in making sure you had a good experience. And that, trust me, makes a huge difference. Especially when you’re jet-lagged and just want a damn cup of coffee.
The Pool! That Beautiful, Picturesque Pool. What's the Deal?
Okay, the pool. This is where I had a minor meltdown. Or… a major one, depending on your definition. The pool area is gorgeous. Seriously, Instagram gold. And I was SO excited to spend an afternoon sipping margaritas and pretending I was a glamorous movie star.
But the pool? Freezing. Absolutely, positively, bone-chillingly freezing. I dipped a toe in, and instantly recoiled. People were swimming, apparently immune to the cold. I watched them, shivering, and judged them. I considered getting in anyway, but my teeth started chattering just watching. It was a *beautiful* cold.
I sat by the pool, wrapped in a towel, nursing my margarita and feeling sorry for myself. It became a metaphor for something about my life, I swear. Beautiful on the outside, ice cold on the inside. I ended up going back to my room and taking a nap. So, assess that as you will. Beautiful, yes. Swimmable?Low Price Hotel Blog

