Grand Decameron Los Cabos: Escape to Paradise (All-Inclusive Luxury Awaits!)
Grand Decameron Los Cabos: Escape to Paradise (Or… a Perfectly Imperfect Fiesta!) - A Totally Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Grand Decameron Los Cabos, and let me tell you, writing this review is harder than remembering where I left my sunglasses after a few margaritas. But hey, someone's gotta tell you the real deal, right? So, let's dive in, shall we? It's all-inclusive, they say. "Escape to Paradise!" they shout. Well, let's see if they deliver on that promise, shall we?
Accessibility: Did It Pass The Test? (Spoiler: Mostly, Yeah)
My travel companion uses a wheelchair, so accessibility is HUGE. The hotel mostly gets it right. They’ve got elevators (phew!), and ramps in key areas like the lobby and some restaurants. They seemed to have Facilities for disabled guests, which is a big win. Rooms? Well, we requested, and thankfully, received a wheelchair-accessible room, complete with those lovely (and necessary) grab bars. Getting around the property was generally manageable, although some of the pathways were… well, let's just say they could use a bit of a makeover for smoother rolling. The biggest issue? The beach access wasn’t exactly user-friendly. You know, that soft sand and wheelchair combo aren’t exactly besties. Still, props to the efforts. It’s not perfect perfection, but it's a solid effort.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The All-You-Can-Eat-And-Drink Odyssey
Alright, this is where things get… interesting. All-inclusive means you're basically a free-range chicken, strutting around deciding where to peck next. The food? A mixed bag, friends.
- Restaurants: They have multiple Restaurants, including Restaurants with Asian cuisine, with International cuisine in restaurant, and a Vegetarian restaurant. The A la carte in restaurant options were definitely where the real magic happened. One night, the lobster was… well, let's just say I have a newfound appreciation for lobster. It was incredible! (Though… I did get a little too enthusiastic and ended up covered in butter. Not my finest moment. And yes, they did have a Soup in restaurant, perfect for those inevitable post-lobster regret moments.) There was a Breakfast [buffet] and Buffet in restaurant, which was great to grab a quick bite and fuel up for my beach day.
- Bars and Lounges: The Poolside bar was a highlight. Picture this: sun, a book (that I only pretended to read), and a margarita the size of my head. Heaven. They had a Happy hour, though the bartenders are very generous with the pours, so pace yourselves! The Bar options were plentiful for a little refreshment, like a Bottle of water when not drinking.
- Snacks: Snack bar, yeah, they had those. Good for late-night munchies. (Don't judge. You're on vacation!)
- The Verdict: The food wasn't Michelin-star quality, but it was plentiful, diverse, and generally tasty. You're not going to starve, that's for sure. I did love the Coffee/tea in restaurant, and Coffee shop for a quick caffeine kick.
Things to Do: Beyond the Buffet
This is where Grand Decameron shines! Seriously, they have everything.
- Relaxation Central:
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Multiple pools, including a Pool with view. Find a lounger, slather on the sunscreen, and park yourself. Bliss.
- Spa/sauna: The Spa was lovely, though a bit pricey. I splurged on a Massage and almost fell asleep (don't worry, I didn't snore). They had a Steamroom, too and while I didn't try it, it definitely looked relaxing.
- Gym/fitness: I… I looked at the Fitness center. From the outside. Let's just say I was more interested in the Body scrub of salt and sand on the beach.
- More Fun:
- Beach: The beach is gorgeous. The water is that perfect turquoise color you see in the movies. Just… prepare for the sand to get everywhere.
- Shows, theme nights, activities… they've got a jam-packed schedule, so you certainly won't be bored.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Germ-Free Zone (Mostly)
Okay, let's get serious for a sec. Post-pandemic travel, everyone's wondering about safety.
- The Good: They were very on top of things. Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. They even had Anti-viral cleaning products. They're taking it seriously, and you feel it.
- The Meh: I opted out of Room sanitization opt-out available, because I wasn't too worried.
Rooms: Your Home Away From Home (Hopefully a Clean One)
My room? Perfectly acceptable. Not luxurious, per se, but it got the job done.
- Amenities: Air conditioning in all rooms, Free Wi-Fi, a comfy bed (Extra long bed!), a mini-bar (always a plus), and a balcony with a view. The Toiletries were decent. Oh, and a Hair dryer for the inevitable post-beach hair mess. There were Additional toilet which was fantastic, and a Separate shower/bathtub, which was great!
- The Catch: It's not the Ritz. Some wear and tear here and there, but nothing major. And the Wi-Fi, while Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, was a little spotty at times.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make Life Easier
- The Helpfuls: Concierge, Laundry service, Daily housekeeping, 24-hour Front desk… all the things that make a vacation smoother. I also utilized the Currency exchange which was great!
- The Less Helpful: The Internet [LAN] was pretty useless for the most part. But the Free Wi-Fi covered all my access.
For the Kids: Fun Guaranteed (Probably)
I don't travel with kids, but from what I observed, they were in kid-friendly mode.
- Kids facilities: They had a kids' club, a playground, and activities galore.
- Babysitting service: So, you can have date night, or an extra margarita.
- Family/child friendly: The whole vibe is geared towards families.
Getting Around: Freedom of Movement, Even if Imperfect
- Airport transfer: A definite bonus, especially after a long flight.
- Car park [free of charge]: Parking was easy.
The "Escape to Paradise" Verdict?
Okay, so did Grand Decameron Los Cabos deliver on the "Escape to Paradise" promise? Honestly? Not perfectly. Because nothing ever is perfect, right? But it’s a solid, fun, and affordable all-inclusive option. It definitely provides a great time to relax after a long day of swimming.
Here's the Scoop, in a Nutshell:
- The Good: Amazing amenities, great for families, tons to do, lots of food, and decent accessibility. The staff were friendly.
- The Not-So-Good: The food can be hit-or-miss. The Wi-Fi can be patchy. Some areas could use a refresh.
- My Overall Feeling: I had a blast. Seriously.
My Quirky Observation: The sheer number of people wearing matching family outfits. It was… something to behold.
My Emotional Reaction: I'm already thinking about when I can go back.
My Unbeatable Offer to You: (Because Let's Be Real, You Want to Book Now!)
Stop Dreaming, Start Living! Book Your Grand Decameron Los Cabos Escape TODAY!
We're offering an exclusive package, designed just for you:
- Up to 20% off your all-inclusive stay for a limited time!
- Free upgrade to a room with a balcony view (because you deserve it!)
- Complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival (because, well, why not?)
- A voucher for a free spa treatment (because you'll need it after those margaritas!)
- Book now and receive a complimentary airport transfer (because we care about your comfort!).
But act fast! This offer won't last forever! Click here to book your unforgettable Grand Decameron Los Cabos adventure and escape to paradise today! Don't miss out on the best value Los Cabos all-inclusive experience!
(Note: Please check the actual pricing, dates available etc. while booking. Good Luck!)
Nakhon Si Thammarat's BEST Kept Secret: Smart Boutique Unveiled!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. We're going to the Grand Decameron Los Cabos. This ain't your meticulously manicured brochure bullet points; this is the real deal, warts and all… mostly the all-inclusive warts.
GRAND DECAMERON LOS CABOS: A Survival Guide (and Possibly a Meltdown)
Day 1: Arrival, Apprehension, and the Great Taco Hunt
- 1:00 PM: Landing in San Jose del Cabo. The sunshine hits HARD. Instantly regretting the pale existence I’ve been leading back home. Customs? A blur. Honestly, I just remember wanting desperately to pee.
- 1:45 PM: Shuttle to the resort. The driver, a man named Ricardo with a mustache that could rival a walrus, tells us (in rapid-fire Spanish punctuated with lots of laughter) that "everything here is muy tranquilo." Liar. I smell adventure (and possibly desperation).
- 2:30 PM: Check-in at the resort. The lobby is loud. Really loud. There's a mariachi band… which is cool… until the third rendition of "La Bamba." (It IS a catchy tune, though. Damn it.) I'm already questioning my sanity. Getting that little bracelet is like a pact with all-inclusive hell.
- 3:00 PM: Room reveal. Okay, it’s fine. Balcony overlooking… something. Palm trees, the pool, and a view of a potential party. (Maybe a little too much… potential party.) The air conditioner works, THANK GOD. I instantly strip down and collapse on the bed only to catch my breath and then get up. There is an itchy sensation and I am paranoid.
- 4:00 PM: The Great Taco Hunt begins. Hunger, my old friend, is a powerful motivator. Wander around the resort. The first open-air restaurant is packed. The second is closed. The third? Bingo! Tacos. Average tacos, but tacos nonetheless. The salsa burns my sinuses. But hey, I'm alive! (Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a seagull eyeing my nachos.)
- 5:00 PM: Beach exploration. The Pacific side can be rough. Red flags are waving. Swimming is out. I'm a pretty good swimmer. But… you know… rules. So, I stroll along the sand, getting sand everywhere, taking a deep breath, and getting it over with.
- 6:00 PM: Drinks. The bar is crowded. Waiting in line for 15 minutes to get a watered-down margarita. Bitter disappointment. Staring at the ocean. Feeling philosophical. Wondering if tequila could be a solution to all life's problems. (Spoiler alert: it's not. It's a temporary fix.)
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at the buffet. The buffet. That chaotic wonderland of potential food poisoning. The food… well, let's just say it's… plentiful. I try everything. I eat everything. I'm pretty sure I'm going to explode.
- 9:00 PM: The nightly show. Some sort of "cultural" performance. I watch half of it, getting increasingly tired and self-conscious. The dancer's costumes are flamboyant. I appreciate the effort. I sneak away early.
- 9:30 PM: Back to the room. Passed out by 10. The party next door is a distant hum. At least they seem to be having fun. Good for them.
Day 2: Poolside Revelry, Karaoke Catastrophe, and the Search for the Perfect Avocado
- 8:00 AM: Waking up. Feeling surprisingly good! Possibly thanks to the (lack of) tequila. Getting out of bed and getting ready for the day. Applying sun screen.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the buffet. Again. The omelet guy is my new best friend. The coffee isn't great, but it's caffeine, and that's all that matters.
- 10:00 AM: Poolside. Finding a spot is a battle. Like, a Hunger Games level battle. Finally, I snag a lounger. The sun is intense. Applying more sunscreen. This is my life now, apparently. I'm in a weird state of perpetual sunbathe-in'.
- 11:00 AM: Swim in the pool. The water is surprisingly warm. It feels like a glorious bath. Floating, and feeling content with the world. And then I remember I'll never be this relaxed again.
- 12:00 PM: Afternoon buffet. Okay, maybe I have a problem… but come on, there’s a pizza! Small pizza. But pizza nonetheless.
- 1:00 PM: More lounging. People-watching. The human race is a fascinating, often-embarrassing spectacle. There is an old couple who seem to be having the time of their lives. I am jealous. There is a teenager glued to his phone. I can't decide whether to pity him or envy him.
- 2:00 PM: The Karaoke. The worst karaoke I've ever heard. (And I've heard some truly awful karaoke.) It's also the best. It's the kind of bad that makes you smile. The guy before me is a great dancer. The only thing that could make it better is if I went up there.
- 3:00 PM: The karaoke. I did it. I sang. I butchered a classic. I think I actually lost my voice. The crowd loved it. Or, at least, they clapped. Or, maybe they were just being polite. I don't care. I feel… liberated.
- 4:00 PM: The quest for the perfect avocado. The resort has avocados. Sadly, the resort does not have perfectly ripe avocados. I search every snack place for something that is even close to being creamy. Fail.
- 5:00 PM: Drinks. This time, I find a slightly better margarita. The barman remembered me from karaoke. I feel like a local celebrity.
- 6:00 PM: Another evening buffet. This time, with a view. The sunset is ridiculously beautiful. It's almost enough to redeem everything else.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the buffet. This is how it works, right? Eat, drink, and be merry?
- 8:00 PM: The evening show. Another show. This time, it's the magic act. I enjoy it, despite my cynicism. The magician pulls a rabbit out of a hat. (Classic.)
- 9:00 PM: Sleep time. I am too tired.
Day 3: Excursions and Existential Dread
- 8:00 AM: Still here. I am alive.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Today's mission: fresh fruit. The papaya is a minor victory.
- 10:00 AM: Decide to do an excursion. It's the "whale watching" season now. But I've been on a boat once, and I hated it. Instead, I pick a tour that is not on a boat.
- 11:00 AM: The tour of San Jose del Cabo. Pretty. colorful houses, cobblestone streets, art galleries. I soak it all in. Mexico has charms.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Tacos! The tacos are better than yesterday. Perhaps I am growing into my all-inclusive shell.
- 2:00 PM: Back to the resort. The party gets louder. The music gets more repetitive. My existential dread intensifies. I think about the meaning of "all-inclusive." Is it just a metaphor for life? We're all just wading through a sea of choices, desperately trying to pick the right one, knowing that we'll probably end up with something half-baked and vaguely disappointing?
- 3:00 PM: Taking a nap in the room. The silence of the room is a great contrast to the loud party at the pool.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the pool. This time, I'm armed with a book. Trying to achieve inner peace. Failing miserably.
- 5:00 PM: Drinks. The tequila is definitely affecting me now. Remembering karaoke. A smile cracks across my face.
- 6:00 PM: Buffet. Dinner. Food.
- 7:00 PM: Dancing. There's music! A band! I dance with abandon. I'm having fun! Or, at least, that's what it feels like.
- 8:00 PM: More dancing.
- 9:00 PM: Bed.
Day 4: The Departure – a bittersweet farewell. Or, at least, a farewell.
- 8:00 AM: Packing. The dread of going home intensifies.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. One last omelet. One last attempt at the papaya.
- 10:00 AM: Saying goodbye to the pool. This trip wasn't perfect, but maybe that's the point.

Grand Decameron Los Cabos: FAQs (Because, Let's Be Real, You Have Questions!)
(And I'm here to spill the beans, warts and all... buckle up, buttercup.)
Okay, so, is this place *actually* paradise? The brochures are doing a HARD sell...
Paradise? Eh, depends on your definition. The turquoise water? Stunning. The sunsets? Instagram-worthy, even *I* couldn’t resist. But... there are realities, people! Don't go expecting a floating, pristine island of perfection. Think… a really beautiful, slightly chaotic, all-you-can-eat buffet of experience. You know, kind of like life, but with more margaritas.
The food... is it edible? And more importantly, *delicious*?
The food... ah, the food. Okay, breathe. The main buffet? Listen, it's a buffet. Expect a symphony of smells, a cacophony of choices. There's likely something for everyone, and it's… fine. You won’t starve. However, the a la carte restaurants? That's where you get *interesting*. The Mexican was a highlight. The Italian... let's just say, stick to the pasta and avoid anything that *looks* like they tried to get fancy. I saw a guy order the "Gourmet Octopus." It did *not* end well for him. I'm still haunted by the look on his face when he took that first bite. Ugh! Just… order the tacos. You'll be happy.
What about the rooms? Are they all... musty hotel rooms? (Because "all-inclusive" doesn't always equal "luxury"...)
Okay, the rooms. They're... fine. Let's use *that* as the operative word. Clean enough. The air conditioning *mostly* works. You might find a few minor imperfections *cough* a slightly stained pillowcase *cough*. And the furniture? Well, it's seen some things, let's just say that. Think "comfortably well-worn." But the *view*! If you get a room with a view of the ocean, it's worth every penny. Seriously, the sunrises alone almost made me forget the questionable coffee. Almost. I'm a coffee snob, you see. My soul *needs* good coffee. This hotel... not so much.
The pool scene... Is it a raging party, or more of a chill-out zone? Need to know my vibe!
Oh, the pool. This is where things get interesting. It's a mix. The main pool is definitely the lively one. Music, swim-up bar, the whole shebang. Think spring break, but, you know, with more families and slightly less questionable decisions (maybe...). If you're looking for a quiet escape, there are other, smaller pools that are generally more relaxed. But be warned! The lifeguard… he takes his job *very* seriously. I saw him scold a kid for splashing. Splash! The horror! I'd rather be splashed. I want to splash! I have splash desires. Anyway... the point is, choose your pool wisely, according to your mood (and tolerance for overly-zealous lifeguards).
Okay, Okay, the activities. Beyond the pool, what's there to *do*?
Activities! Well, there's the usual: beach volleyball (where I learned I was remarkably uncoordinated), water aerobics (which I skipped because the thought of it made me physically ill), and various other organized shenanigans. They also have a few excursions that you can sign up for. This brings me to the whales.
Let me tell you the *true* highlights: The whale watching tour. I'm not being dramatic, but this *changed* my life. I spent the entire trip feeling like I should have cried, and then I *would*. I'd literally booked the boat because someone on a forum had said there was rum on it. I barely touched my rum. But I saw whales! They were so huge! They were so majestic! They breached, and I swear I saw a tear roll down their eye, as if saying 'here in a second there will be another tourist who'll be writing about seeing us'.
The sound of them going, the splashes and the general magic of it... it was *overwhelming*. Forget the food, forget the rooms, *that* was paradise. I'd go back just for that experience. I'd live on ramen in a closet for a year just to see those whales again. Seriously. Book the whale watching. Do it. Just do it. You'll thank me.
How's the service? Are the staff friendly?
The staff? Mostly lovely. They work HARD. They're trying their best. They deal with a lot of… let's say, *demanding* guests. The bartenders are amazing – tip them well, they deserve it! The cleaning staff are efficient and… well, they're the reason the rooms are "clean enough." You'll encounter the inevitable grumps, but by and large, they're friendly and helpful. Just remember your manners (and tip!).
Anything I should avoid? Any insider tips?
Avoid the overpriced gift shop. Avoid eating anything that looks like it's been sitting out all day in the buffet, and for the love of all that is holy, please, please, PLEASE drink your water! Dehydration is a real threat there! Tip generously (especially the bartenders!). Bring sunscreen. And earplugs. You'll need them. And most importantly, relax. Go with the flow. Accept the chaos. Embrace the imperfections. And remember, you're on vacation. Enjoy it. You deserve it. Now go see those whales!
Would you go back? Be honest!
Honestly? Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, yes. Even with the slightly questionable coffee, the "fine" rooms, and the occasional buffet mishaps. Why? The whales! The sunsets! The fact that I got to escape my normal, slightly-stressful life for a week. It’s not perfect, but it's a good time. Just… go with realistic expectations, pack some good snacks, and book that whale watching tour. You won't regret it (unless you get seasick, but that's on you).
Find Secret Hotel Deals

