Escape to Paradise: Glamping & Caravan Luxury in Gapyeong, South Korea!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Glamping & Caravan Luxury in Gapyeong, South Korea! – or as I like to call it, "Paradise… with a Chance of Mosquitoes." My actual experience, and not just the brochure. Let's get messy, shall we?
First Impressions & Getting There – The Great Trek (Accessibility… Kinda?)
Okay, so Gapyeong. Gorgeous. Seriously, the mountains are legit breathtaking. Getting there? Well… It's South Korea, so generally things are pretty efficient. But, here's the thing – Accessibility? I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did notice some things. The website claims to have Facilities for disabled guests, and hopefully, things have changed since I last checked (or maybe my expectations are just rock-bottom after years of travel). Parking was easy (gasp! Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], big win). But those winding paths up to the glamping sites? Less so. My advice? Call ahead and really clarify what "accessible" actually means to them. Don't take the website at face value.
Speaking of getting around, they offer Airport transfer, which I highly recommend. Unless you enjoy the thrilling, sometimes terrifying, experience of navigating Korean public transport with luggage. Then, by all means, suffer. Taxi service is there, too. Valet parking, though… feels a bit extra for glamping.
The Glamping Life – It's All About the Vibe (And Wi-Fi!)
So, we got there. And whoa. The glamping setups are, in a word, Instagrammable. Think luxurious tents and cute caravans with Air conditioning (thank the heavens!), Non-smoking rooms (a necessity, frankly), and, bless their hearts, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! You read that right! Not just in the lobby, the rooms! I mean honestly, a vacation without Instagram is just… a very long, quiet, slightly boring nap.
Internet access – wireless, worked flawlessly. I could finally stream my weird documentaries. Internet access – LAN? Don't even know what that is. I'm just glad I had my Wi-Fi. They also boasted Internet services and Wi-Fi in public areas .
Inside, the Air conditioning was a lifesaver, and the décor was… well, it went for that whole "rustic chic" thing. The Bed – Extra long. Score! Alarm clock and Wake-up service as well. Coffee/tea maker? Check. Seriously, the Coffee/tea was fantastic. I had a few cups. Bathrobes and Slippers. Nice touch. Toiletries? Yup. The little details really do make a difference, you know? Free bottled water? Again, winning. They also include Daily housekeeping. Which is good, especially when you're as messy as I am.
The Room Itself – My Private Oasis (With a Few Quirks)
My specific tent had a Seating area, which was great for lounging and judging my life choices. A Mirror to check if I actually looked as relaxed as I felt (answer: mostly, until I got bitten by a mosquito). Blackout curtains? A lifesaver for sleeping in. Seriously, I need those! They also have Soundproofing and Smoke detectors. The security features were plentiful, but I still forgot the door once. I was worried about my stuff, but that's what stuff is for. There was In-room safe box, which is a plus. The shower was good (though I wouldn't say the Separate shower/bathtub option was necessary), and they have a Hair dryer. The only real downside? My tent was slightly too far from the main facilities. I think I walked for 20 mins just to get coffee and coffee.
The Food – Oh, the Food! (And the Occasional Hiccup)
Alright. Food. This is where "Escape to Paradise" really shines. Let me tell you about the Asian breakfast: I had some of the most amazing kimchi jjigae I have ever tasted. The Breakfast [buffet] was diverse, and they had a Western breakfast option. A la carte in restaurant, a buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant - they had it all! There were Restaurants everywhere. Then there's the Poolside bar and the Snack bar. Bottle of water, Breakfast service, and Room service [24-hour] - can't complain about any of those. They also had Happy hour. Score!
Now, here's my one qualm. The menu, I'll be honest, sometimes leaned a little… basic. But there was also a Salad in restaurant. And the coffee? AMAZING. Then again, I had two bad cups, so maybe I just got a little unlucky.
Things to Do (Besides Eating and Complaining) – Relaxation Station
Right. Stuff to actually do. This is where Paradise truly shines.
- Swimming pool! Yes! And a Pool with view! Magnificent.
- Sauna and Spa/sauna: My go-to.
- Spa: They offered some amazing treatments.
- Body wrap: I’m generally a self-conscious person, but it was so cool!
- Foot bath: Lovely. Just lovely. I had an amazing experience!
- Fitness center: Honestly, I didn't use it. Vacation is for eating, sleeping, and complaining.
- Gym/fitness.
- Massage: I swear I melted into the table. So good.
- Steamroom: A nice way to finish off.
For the Kids…and the Kid in Me
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal? Honestly, I didn't see any kids. But the potential is there, which is cool.
Safety and Cleanliness – The Pandemic Edition
Okay, important stuff. Cleanliness and safety are clearly a priority. They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Hand sanitizer everywhere. They also boasted Hygiene certification, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. I felt VERY safe, even if I did leave my mask in the car once. I think there were also First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call, because even though I felt relaxed, I'm also clumsy. Plus, I'm a worrier.. It was all kind of exhausting. But at least I felt like I wouldn't catch anything. Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private]. Cashless payment service. And Individually-wrapped food options, for extra safety.
The Little Extras – The Devil is in the Details (or Maybe the Mosquitoes)
They had all the usual suspects: Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes. A Convenience store is always a plus, especially for midnight snack runs. The Gift/souvenir shop was cute, but a bit overpriced (as always). And don't expect to get serious work down: Business facilities are there, but I was able to completely disconnect. There are Facilities for disabled guests. Oh! Invoice provided, which is important when you go on vacay.
The Downside – The Minor Annoyances (And the Mosquitoes)
Okay, nobody's perfect. Here's the real talk:
- My tent was a hike to the main facilities. A real hike.
- The mosquitoes. They were relentless. Bring repellent. Seriously.
- The occasional language barrier with some staff. But everyone was genuinely friendly.
My Verdict – Is It Paradise? (With a Few Caveats)
Yes. Mostly. It's an escape. It's a beautiful setting. It's a luxurious experience. It’s not perfect. But it's a damn good time.
My Offer to You (And Why You Should Book NOW!)
Listen up, fellow adventurers! Are you craving a getaway that's equal parts relaxation, adventure, and Instagram fodder? Then Escape to Paradise: Glamping & Caravan Luxury in Gapyeong, South Korea! is calling your name.
For a limited time only, when you book your stay through [Your Booking Platform/Link], you'll receive:
- A FREE bottle of premium Korean soju to kick off your relaxation. (Because, why not?)
- A complimentary upgrade to a tent or caravan with mountain views (subject to availability).
- A 10% discount on all spa treatments

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic, and entirely real world of a glamping trip to Gapyeong Cheongchun Glamping & Caravan in South Korea. Consider this less a polished itinerary and more… well, a mental dump of what actually happened.
Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Tent Setup, and the Promise of Bliss (or at least decent BBQ)
1:00 PM: The Train Wreck of Arrivals (and Lost Socks): Getting to Gapyeong from Seoul was, thankfully, easy. Train. Done. But then… the logistics. Finding a taxi? Nope. We fumbled with some basic hangul ("Annyeonghaseyo!" and "Gamsahamnida!" - nailed it!), and after much waving and a slightly panicked look, we managed to snag a cab. The driver, bless his cotton socks, spoke only a few words of English. We babbled directions and prayed. He got us there, eventually. Upon arrival, I’m already sweating and realizing I forgot my favorite hiking socks – a tragedy!
2:00 PM: Check-in and Tent Terror (aka, Building IKEA in the Wild): Okay, the glamping setup. Glamorous camping, right? Wrong, not for me anyway. We got a beautiful tent, but assembling it… let's just say my partner, bless her, had a minor meltdown. Instructions? Nope. Eventually, after much head-scratching, a lot of grumbling, and a near-divorce, we mostly got it standing. It's a masterpiece of tent-building, let's be honest, but it was the start of my adventure.
3:00 PM: Glamping Prep and the Quest for Firewood: The camp store. A treasure trove of questionable snacks, overpriced charcoal, and a whole lot of… nothing. We were supposed to have a "gorgeous" BBQ tonight. We needed firewood. I, the fool who assumed firewood was just there, ended up hacking at a log for half an hour with a rusty knife. I'm pretty sure I set off a small, internal fire myself from the exertion and eventual success.
6:00 PM: BBQ Battlefield and the Glory of Korean Meats: Oh, the BBQ. The reason we came. We'd bought a selection of delicious Korean meats. Then the rain started. Yep, a drizzle turned into a downpour. We huddled under the tent's awning, valiantly trying to protect the grill. The food? Divine! The ambience? Less so. The rain did make it a little hard to enjoy my galbi and that's a crime!
9:00 PM: Stargazing (or Fog Gazing?) and the Call of the Wild (Toilet):: We were promised stars. Majestic displays of twinkling wonder. Instead, we got fog. Thick, impenetrable fog. I'm pretty sure I could've reached out and touched it. I might have touched it! In any case, I wasn't looking at stars. The bathroom? A trek through the rain and darkness. Let's just say, the nature was calling, and it wasn't pleasant.
Day 2: Kayaking, K-Pop, and the Slow Descent into Hangover-Induced Bliss
8:00 AM: Coffee Crisis and the Breakfast of Champions (Ramen): Okay, coffee. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury. Turns out our glamping site didn’t have quality coffee. I was forced to hit the local convenience store for instant coffee. Not ideal. And breakfast? Ramen. The universal comfort food. My partner's face lit up.
10:00 AM: Kayaking Adventure (and Near Death Experience): We were going kayaking on the river. Apparently, I'm a terrible kayaker, because my boat was constantly veering off course. I blame the current. Or the fact that I haven't exercised in months. Or maybe the hangover I had decided to embrace from the BBQ. We almost capsized a few times, but the scenery was gorgeous. The adrenaline rush? Intense. I'm still shaking, if I am being honest.
1:00 PM: Lunch and the K-Pop Siren Song (or, Why You Shouldn't Order Fried Chicken Hungry): Food, again! We found a random little restaurant. We ordered fried chicken. I have no idea why. It was spicy, delicious, and way too much. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a K-Pop song started blasting from the building. I'm not a huge K-Pop person—but I started tapping my feet and nodding my head.
3:00 PM: Time to relax (or nap from all the adventure): Time to relax and soak up the nature. I found a hammock. I slept. Then, I started feeling slightly nauseous. Food poisoning? Hangover? Stress? Oh dear.
7:00 PM: Farewell Feast and the Promise of Home, Again.: We packed. Or tried to. We had another BBQ with the remaining food. The rain has stopped. Maybe all the struggles of the past few days had been worth it. The food and sights had been an amazing experience.
9:00 PM: Travel home and the exhaustion: The train ride back was quite a bit easier than our arrival. We were tired, happy, and full of stories, mostly because we could laugh at the imperfections of this vacation.
Final Thoughts:
Glamping is glamorous. Mostly. It's certainly an adventure. It's probably not for the faint of heart, but its definitely been one for the memory bank. The beauty of Gapyeong Cheongchun Glamping & Caravan is undeniable. The memories, well… they're absolutely priceless. Would I go again? Absolutely. And next time, I might even learn to build a damn tent properly. Maybe!
Pune's Crown Jewel: Unbeatable Deals at Crowne Plaza City Center!
Escape to Paradise: Glamping & Caravan Luxury - Your Brain's Guide (Probably)
Okay, seriously, what IS this 'Escape to Paradise' place? Is it Heaven on Earth, or just an Instagram filter waiting to happen?
Glamping vs. Caravan? Which is the ultimate escape? And what's the difference?
Important Note: If you’re claustrophobic, lean towards the glamping. If you like the feeling of being snug, go with the caravan. Seriously. Choose wisely.
Food! Is there food? Because I can't survive on fresh air and good intentions.
My Epic Food Fail (and redemption): The first night, I attempted to be *that* cool person who grills gourmet everything. Disaster. Utter food-related chaos. Charred sausages, undercooked potatoes, and me, standing there covered in smoke wondering what to do. The next night? Delivery. Spicy Korean fried chicken. Heaven in a box. Moral of the story? Embrace the Korean delivery culture. It’s amazing.
Is it family-friendly? Because my kids are miniature tornadoes.
What's the Wi-fi situation? Because, let's be real, I need to 'gram.
How do I, like, *get there*? Do I need to hike through a forest of doom?
Is it worth the money? Because, let's face it, glamping ain’t cheap.
Any tips for making it a truly amazing experience? (Besides surviving the BBQ)
- **Pack smart.** Bring layers. The weather can change. Also, bug spray. Mosquitoes are relentless.
- **Book your accommodation *and* any activities (like the BBQ) well in advance.** These places book up fast, especially on weekends!
- **Embrace the local culture.** Venture out to the surrounding areas. They have some amazing restaurants.
- **Unplug (mostly).** Okay, I know I said Wi-Fi, but try to actually *enjoy* the nature. Stare at the stars. Breathe. Be present.
- **Lower your expectations (a little).** Things can go wrong. The BBQ! (Still traumatized.) The Wi-Fi. Don't let small hiccups ruin the experience.
- **Most importantly, bring good company.** Seriously, the right person makes the whole thing exponentiallyWander Stay SpotGapyeong Cheongchun Glamping & Caravan Gapyeong-gun South Korea
Gapyeong Cheongchun Glamping & Caravan Gapyeong-gun South Korea