Kota Kinabalu Luxury Condo: Stunning Pool Views, Sleeps 6! (Imago Mall)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's hotel review. We're diving deep into the Kota Kinabalu Luxury Condo (Imago Mall edition), the one that screams "stunning pool views" and promises to somehow host six people without a total breakdown. Let’s get this travel-sized ball of chaos rolling…
First Impressions: The Pool View – Is It All That? (Spoiler Alert: YES!)
Okay, let’s start with the obvious. The pool. The pool with a view. The reason you probably clicked on this, right? Yeah, it’s legit. I mean, pictures don't lie, and the ones they show are pretty accurate. But trust me, seeing it in person? Totally different. It’s that moment when you walk in, the air conditioning hits you (bliss!), and then BAM! That pool. It's all shiny and blue and inviting. And the way it seems to blend in with the sky… Honestly, my jaw actually dropped. I mean, I'm a cynical New Yorker, and I dropped my jaw. That says something. Forget the "stunning" – it's freakin' breathtaking.
Accessibility & That Darned Elevator (and other important things, I guess)
So, accessibility. This is crucial for some of you. The Imago Mall location is pretty central, which is convenient, but navigating everywhere is key. Elevator access is a must (thankfully, yes!). And, the common areas seemed pretty navigable, but, and I need to say, as a non-wheelchair user, it's hard for me to fully comment on the full detail. I'd love to hear from someone who does rely on wheelchair access. That info is crucial to get right, so I'll leave it there with that in mind. Facilities for disabled guests is listed, so if that's important to you, DEFINITELY verify specifics before booking. The elevator is your friend - and it's got that going for it.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Actually Sanitize EVERYTHING? (Or Did I Just Get Lucky?)
Alright, let’s talk about the elephant in the room, or, rather, the virus lurking in the shadows. Safety. Cleanliness. Pandemic times, right? Anti-viral cleaning products are a good sign. Room sanitization opt-out available is nice in case you're extra sensitive. The fact that there's 24-hour security and things like smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher are… well, necessary. I saw the daily disinfection in common areas happening, and seeing the staff trained in safety protocol made me feel… relatively safe. Look, let's be frank: it's impossible to guarantee a germ-free bubble. But they seemed to be trying their best. Individually-wrapped food options were also present, which, as someone who had their own small personal war with the buffet, was a welcome thing. I think I felt safe, which is, let’s be honest, a lot to ask these days.
Rooms! Oh, the Rooms! And Can Six People Really Fit?
Okay, the real test. The condo itself. The "Sleeps 6" claim is… ambitious. I was traveling with a family of four (two adults, two teens), and it was cozy. The master bedroom was lovely, with a private bathroom. The other rooms were… functional. The extra-long bed was a bonus (because, let’s face it, legroom is a luxury). There's a sofa, which is handy. Let’s be honest: six adults? You’d all be tripping over each other. Maybe. One couple and a few kids? Yeah, that works. I think you're getting a good deal but, like, expect a little intimacy. Honestly, the air conditioning was glorious - an absolute must-have in Kota Kinabalu. And the blackout curtains? Lifesavers for the kids (and us, too, if we’re honest).
The Kitchen? Oh, The Kitchen! (And My Terrible Cooking Skills)
The inclusion of a kitchen adds a major layer for families. (and, let's face it, cooking skills like mine can really make some amazing… toast.) I found some of the essential condiments, but I will, as a disclaimer, probably not be the best advisor in the kitchen. Like, I saw a refrigerator and a coffee/tea maker, and I was happy. Okay, confession: I didn’t cook. My attempt at making toast was… a disaster. Let’s just say the kitchen is there, and that’s a win.
The Restaurant & Food Scene - Is It Worth a Trip Downstairs?
The food scene at the condo's vicinity is okay. There's a restaurant downstairs; We ate at the Asian cuisine restaurant, and it was pretty good. They offer breakfast [buffet], A la carte in restaurant, and room service [24-hour]. I’m not someone who lives for the breakfast buffet, but hey - the kids loved the Asian breakfast selections. And that coffee shop certainly woke me up. The snack bar was convenient.
Getting Around (And Surviving the Heat)
Airport transfer is a must, and they had it. Finding the place and getting around was pretty good. The car park [free of charge] was a relief. I think the taxi service was available (we never used it).
The Little Extras (That Make a Big Difference)
Okay, let's get to the nitty-gritty. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes! And it's actually good Wi-Fi. The desk was large enough to work from (if you have to). Daily housekeeping was a life-saver. The concierge was helpful. And they even had an ironing service (which I absolutely did not use, because who has time for that?!). There's a convenience store nearby, which is handy for snacks and essentials.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Pool, Spa, and… More Pool!
Okay, the pool is amazing. The swimming pool [outdoor] is the highlight! I'm obsessed. Gym/fitness is there, if you're into that sort of thing (I am not, unless it involves a cocktail later).
Now for the (Slight) Hiccups
Look, no place is perfect. One day, the hot water in the shower was a little… lukewarm. Minor issue. Another time, the kids managed to lose the TV remote, and that took a solid hour to locate. (Parenting, right?)
My Quirky Observations:
- The towels. Towels were soft. This is important.
- The slippers. There was also slippers, comfy.
- The reading light. I did love the reading light and I am the biggest fan of the window that opens.
- The "proposal spot" they mentioned. Seriously? They even covered that.
The Verdict: Should You Book This Condo?
Absolutely. If you’re looking for a comfortable, well-appointed condo with an amazing pool view in a central location, this is it. It’s good for families, it's good for couples (as long as you don’t mind sharing a bathroom), it's good for a short stay.
My Crazy "Book Now!" Offer (Because, Really, What More Could You Want?)
Alright, let’s cut to the chase. Look, I'm not getting a commission. I just went on a trip that I loved. But if I were to sell you something, I'd sell you on this.
Here's the deal:
- Breathe-taking Pool Views Guaranteed! (Seriously, you'll spend half your time just staring at it)
- Free Wi-Fi (So you can post those envy-inducing pool pics, naturally)
- Imago Mall Location (Convenient for shopping, eating, and escaping the humidity)
- The potential to be in a fabulous hotel.
So, stop dithering and book the damn condo! You won’t regret it. And hey-- if you see me lounging by the pool, say hello! I'll probably be the one with the biggest smile on her face.
(Click the link below to book… and happy travels!)
Luxury Tambov Apartment: Svobodnoy 4 Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this KK Sutera Avenue adventure is gonna be more rollercoaster than a perfectly planned spreadsheet. This isn't your Instagram-filtered Bali trip, this is real life, warts and all. And trust me, the warts are where the fun is.
KK Sutera Avenue Chaos: A 2BR for 6, Prepare for Impact (and Maybe a Few Tears of Joy)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Apartment Scramble
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flight lands in Kota Kinabalu! Excitement levels: through the roof. Reality check kicks in as we navigate the airport – which is, let’s be honest, a bit of a zoo. Finding the grab driver… always a tense moment. Finally get to Sutera Avenue. The kids are bouncing off the walls – which, honestly, I can relate to after that cramped flight.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The apartment. Oh. My. God. Okay, it LOOKED amazing in the pictures. Seriously, that pool! But squeezing six of us into a 2BR? Let the Tetris game of suitcases begin. First impressions: The AC better work, because it’s HOT. Finding the key – a treasure hunt in itself. We spent like half an hour locked out of the apartment, which was hilarious in retrospect (mostly).
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Grocery run! Gotta stock up on the essentials: snacks, instant noodles (survival food), and maybe some actual vegetables for the illusion of health. The local supermarket – what a sensory overload! The smell of durian (love it or hate it, and I lean towards the latter) is STRONG. Dinner at a…well, a place. We were STARVING. Anywhere with Wi-Fi became our friend. The kids, wired from the plane and sugar, started a small war with some plastic cutlery. Ah, family… sigh
Day 2: Island Hopping & The Great Sunburn of ‘23
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Early rise. The sun's already trying to cook us alive. We’re signed up for an island-hopping tour! The anticipation is killing me. Breakfast: Instant noodles repurposed. (again). I realize I forgot sunscreen at home. Oh. Dear. God.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): The boat trip. Amazing! The water is crystal freaking clear! The snorkeling. Uh… well, I got seasick. And the kids? They were like little water-obsessed demons, swimming in every direction. I only caught a glimpse of the fish. But hey, the photos looked gorgeous.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch on the beach. Grilled fish and local delights. Delicious! But then…the sun started singing its siren song. The sunburn. It's a slow burn. I look like a lobster. My skin feels like it’s melting. The kids? Perfectly fine, of course. They're immune to the sun apparently.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Back to the apartment, lobster-red and exhausted. Aloe vera application station is opened. Dinner? Pizza delivery. Because who could cook? We ordered too much pizza and the kids, after a day of swimming, knocked out before dessert.
Day 3: Culture Shock (and Shopping Therapy)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): City Exploration. Okay, no more island hopping. Maybe it’s a good thing, considering I'm currently resembling a particularly angry tomato. Visit the local markets! The sight, the smells! It's an assault on the senses, in the best way possible. Fruit! Spices! And I buy way too many souvenirs. I mean, what else do you do with your shame?
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00PM): Imago Shopping Mall. A/C! This is the answer to my prayers. I needed retail therapy. I wandered through the mall in a daze. The kids, however, wanted to go to the "fun zone" area. I spent 2 hours doing things.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (5:00 PM - onwards): Sunset at the beach. We find a beach. The sun is setting. Amazing. The kids are playing. Bliss. We realize that we have no food for dinner. Uber Eats to the rescue! Another night of unhealthy eating. But hey, what else are holidays for?
Day 4: The Pool & The Great Packing Panic
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Pool time! The kids are in heaven. I am trying to actually relax which is hard because I am also trying to watch them. I finally got to enjoy the pool, and the apartment.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The Great Packing Panic begins. Everything is scattered everywhere. Where did all the stuff come from?! Realize we have WAY too much luggage. Hope the airline doesn’t notice.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Last dinner in KK. We go back to our favorite local "stall". The kids are sad to leave. So am I! It's been non-stop chaos. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect. There were tantrums, arguments, tears, and near-meltdowns. But amidst all the chaos, there was also laughter, shared experiences, and memories made. And that's what it's all about, isn't it?
Day 5: Departure and the Post-Holiday Hangover
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Final breakfast. Last minute packing. Getting everything and everyone into the Grab to the airport. The journey back to real life begins.
- Afternoon: Plane ride home.
Reflections:
This trip wasn’t perfect. A few days in KK (Kota Kinabalu) was wild, messy, and utterly unforgettable – in the best possible way. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Would I plan it differently? Maybe. But then again, the imperfections are what make the stories, right? And the stories? They're worth more than any perfectly filtered Instagram post. Now, for the next adventure!
Alhambra Views: Granada's BEST Apartments Await!
Kota Kinabalu Luxury Condo: You Probably Have Questions...I Definitely Do. (Imago Mall Edition)
Okay, So...Is This Actually Luxurious? Like, Really? (And Does the Pool View Live Up to the Hype?)
Alright, let's be honest. "Luxury" gets thrown around like confetti these days. I was skeptical too, especially after seeing the price. But the pool view... yeah, that's a game changer. Picture this: waking up, bleary-eyed, from an actual comfy bed (more on that later), and bam! Turquoise water glistening in the Sabah sun, palm trees swaying... it's almost *too* picturesque. Like, are we even in *real* life? The condo itself? Well, it's definitely a step up from my usual budget digs. Think sleek lines, decent furniture (no IKEA nightmares!), and air conditioning that actually works. Did I feel like royalty? Maybe not. Did it feel like a step up from the usual? YES. And that pool view? Absolutely worth the price of admission. I spent a whole afternoon just staring out the window, letting my brain finally switch off. It was the best. I think the hype is real.
Can Six People Actually Fit Comfortably? Because, Let's Be Real, "Sleeps 6" Can Be a Lie.
This is the *big* question, isn't it? Because "sleeps six" can mean a futon in the living room and a roommate you're not particularly fond of. Thankfully, this place is *actually* decent. There are two bedrooms, each with a queen bed. The other two? Well, there’s a sofa bed in the living room (which I volunteered for, because I'm a terrible sleeper, so I figured I could crash out and no one would know), and a single bed. Honestly, I slept on the sofa bed. It was…fine. Okay! It was actually really comfortable. I did bring my own pillow, just in case. My friends, though? They said the beds were amazing. So maybe it’s just me? The point is, you’re not crammed in like sardines. It's even manageable. We weren't tripping over each other and had enough space to, like, you know, breathe. I’m pretty sure you can fit family, I actually fit my friends! Score!
How Close Is It *Really* to Imago Mall? Because I'm a Shopper...
Oh. My. God. If you're a shopaholic, you're in heaven. Seriously. You can practically roll out of bed and into Imago Mall. It’s like, a five-minute walk, tops. Five minutes! This is dangerous. I’m not even kidding, I think I went to H&M like, five times in three days. The temptation is REAL. Especially when it's hot outside and you need a quick fix of air conditioning. You're probably already there. I spent way too much money. Worth it? Debatable. Convenient beyond belief? Absolutely. You've been warned. Prepare your bank accounts. Or your partner. Or both.
What About the Kitchen? Can I Cook (or at Least Make Coffee)?
The kitchen is there. It's functional. It has a fridge, a microwave, a kettle, and…a stove! I think. I didn't really *cook* cook. I made instant coffee. And toast. The utensils were present. I did find some of the kitchenware slightly worn from the wear. I guess it's got some mileage. I would not recommend attempting any Michelin-star dishes here. But for basic meals, like breakfast or a quick snack? Absolutely doable. The Imago Mall has a huge grocery store, where you can find anything! The place is good for a quick getaway. My biggest takeaway, though? Make sure to bring some coffee. Or at least, check if they have a coffee machine. It could make or break your trip!
Is the Wi-Fi Reliable? (Because, You Know, Work/Instagram/Avoiding Conversations)
The Wi-Fi... it was… ok. Honestly, it wasn't the worst. It was reliable enough to post pictures of the pool view on Instagram (priorities, people!), and to check my email...eventually. I think there were a few hiccups. But it was alright. For work? Well, maybe not. For social media? Absolutely! For avoiding that chatty aunt who's *always* asking where you're going? Score!
What's the Deal with the Pool? Is It Actually Swimmable? Clean? Overcrowded?
The pool. Oh, the pool. This is the thing you came for, right? The main reason I'd say, "Yes, it's worth it." Is it swimmable? Absolutely! Like, gloriously swimmable. Clean? Yes, it seemed that way. It looks well-kept, and who would ruin the view? Overcrowded? Not during the week. On the weekend, then yeah, it got a little packed. But I was there for two days in the week, and I had the pool to myself at one time! I spent hours floating around, staring up at the Sabah sky. Pure bliss. It’s the perfect spot to just... do nothing. And honestly? Sometimes, that's all you need. It's worth the wait, and the crowds!
Are There Any Hidden Fees I Should Know About?
I feel like you can never truly escape hidden fees these days. I suggest you check the fine print!. Also, check the information provided on the website, on top of the host's information. The thing is, what they do not mention can actually be a hidden fee. My own experience? I was able to find the information about fees, so I am unable to help in this area.
Would You Stay Here Again? Be Honest!
Would I stay here again? Yeah, honestly, probably. The location is amazing! Imago Mall access, pool, all the amenities. I wish I could have stayed for longer! I definitely wouldn't mind going back. Just got back, actually.

